Friday, May 12, 2023

Will I See You In Philadelphia for IDUG NA 2023?


Mother's Day is right around the corner and if you are a Db2 professional you now that can only mean one thing: the North American IDUG Db2 Tech Conference is nigh! It seems like every year our favorite conference competes with our Mom's for our attention. But this year the folks at IDUG have helped us out by starting the conference on Tuesday instead of the Monday after Mother's Day. So go ahead, take Mom out to dinner and stay out as late as you want. You will still have a day to recover for your trip to Philadelphia.

Yes, IDUG is back in Philadelphia this year (2023). And I am looking forward to an exciting week of learning more about my favorite DBMS and mingling with others who think likewise. There is always a world of phenomenal educational opportunities delivered at IDUG each year by IBMer, vendor experts, users, and consultants from all over the world. There will be numerous informative technical sessions on all the latest and greatest Db2 technologies, features, and related products. 

If you’ve ever attended an IDUG conference in the past then you know why I’m excited. If you haven't attended before, I'm sure you'll find a lot to occupy your interest!

And be sure to seek me out and say hello. I'll be delivering three presentations this year!

First up, on Tuesday at 2:00 pm I'll be taking a look at the trends impacting data and database systems in my session titled Database Trends 2023: Things Are Changing and You Better Keep Up!

Then on Wednesday I will be co-presenting a vendor-sponsored presentation for the fine folks at InfoTel on Intelligent Automation of Db2 Administration at 10:15 AM. I will also be spending a bit of time in the InfoTel booth so you can always stop by there to say hello or ask me a question!

And finally, on Thursday, I will be delivering a session titled Code Your Db2 Applications for Performance From the Start! This one starts at 2:00 PM and is targeted at application developers but it can be useful for DBAs and performance analysts, too! The presentation is based on my latest book, A Guide to Db2 Performance for Application Developers.

So I hope to see you in Philadelphia for a great week of education and camaraderie at this year's premier event for Db2 professionals, the IDUG Db2 Tech Conference. 



No comments: