Tuesday, October 11, 2022

See You In Scotland for IDUG?

Just a quick post to let folks know that I will be presenting at the IDUG EMEA Db2 Tech Conference the last week of October 2022. The conference will be held in Edinburgh, Scotland, UK at the Edinburgh International Conference Center (EICC), and even though the event runs from Saturday to Wednesday (instead of the customary Sunday through Thursday), you can still find a full slate of educational opportunities delivered by IBMers, vendors, users, and consultants from all over the world. In other worlds, there will be an impressive array of shared Db2 knowledge to consume.

So, where can you find me there?


First of all, on Monday, October 24th at 15:40 (for those of you who struggle with military time that is 3:40 PM) I will be presenting with Insoft-InfoTel on the topic "Intelligent Automation of Db2 Administration and Management." 

This session will discuss the importance of automation, particularly as it is applied to managing your Db2 for z/OS databases. I'll look at trends in automation and things you should consider automating. We'll also take a look at the various ways that traditional database management tasks are undertaken and the risks and cost associated with those tactics. And then InfoTel will share their iDBA-Online solution for automating your Db2 for z/OS management tasks and how it can mitigate risks and cost.

I will also be spending some time at the InfoTel booth in the exhibit hall on Monday evening, so be sure to stop by and discuss any Db2 topics with me!

I hope to see you at this year's IDUG EMEA conference the last week of October 2022. And if you are going to be there, be sure to attend my presentation and/or seek me out to say "Hello!"

No comments: