Monday, February 05, 2007

See You at SHARE?

Well, it is that time of the year again... that is, time for the first of two annual SHARE conferences. The "Spring 2007" SHARE will be held next week, in Tampa, FL.

For those of you who don't know about SHARE, it is an independent, volunteer-run association for IBM customers. It is not only mainframe-focused, but it is one of the last events mainframe folks can attend to hear about mainframe topics from z/OS to JES and from CICS to IMS to DB2.

I will be presenting on Monday (2/12) and Tuesday (2/13). On Monday I will cover a DB2 Performance Tuning Roadmap - basically presenting a ahigh-level overview of the "things" you need to be aware of, and track, in order to assure an optimally performing DB2 environment. And then on Tuesday I'll be addressing change control for DB2 access paths. As you know, change is strictly controlled on the mainframe, but one exception has been DB2 access paths. Binds and Rebinds are typically done in the production environments without the benefit of oversight or prior testing. This lack of change control results in unpredictable performance impacts. This presentation will discuss the issues and problems this causes, as well as how you can use Bind ImpactExpert to analyze and manage access path changes in your DB2 environment.

And I'll be attending the event all week long, so I'll be sure to post a blog or two about interesting things I learn at the show... so get yourself to Tampa if you can, but if you can't, be sure to tune in during the week next week to hear about some of the highlights (at least my take on the highlights) of SHARE.

1 comment:

Joomla Web Design said...

I am really stunned at this fantastic things. I always want to study the quality material and this thing I discovered in you publish. Thanks for giving.